Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

We now pause for a moment of blatant and slightly pathetic advertising

Sorry. This post is tacky but I'm broke and stressing out about it a little.

I've sort of reached the point where, until I get out of this hell that is RL unemployment, I can buy no more lindens. It's important that I spend the meager amounts of money I make freelance writing and my tiny unemployment checks on things like, well, bills for instance and blah blah blah blah wah wah wah wah whine whine whine . . . wine. Make it red, please.

Fun times!

But ANYWAY, I got another kind-of-cool Meeroo baby yesterday. I don't know what's going on with my Meeroos all of a sudden. After almost a year of total and complete Meeroos failure, FINALLY I'm getting a few good nests. Sadly, I don't have a Meeroos market stand, so when I happen to get a halfway decent one, I put it on a bid board at Red Barn.

Photobucket
I know. Framed, autographed copies of this picture are available for a minimal price.

That's my little lazy female Welsh Forest. It's a fairly new coat. I walked around a few markets for research and it looks like Forests are selling for about 20K and up, depending on traits. Mine has no spectacular traits, but she is the daughter of an Aussie Great Coral, which is another cool new coat that my Meeroos popped out last week. (It looks like those are selling for about 7 to 15K right now.)

*sniff* She's up for sale at a starting bid of 15K on a bid board at Red Barn until tomorrow afternoon. There are a few Forests on boards around her for 20, 22, 25 and 28K, and I'm sure those people probably want to kick my ass right now. SORRY. I'm not trying to deliberately undercut the market — I SWEAR. I'm just desperate for rent money.

Photobucket
(*thump* Wake up!) If I can't sell her for 15K, I'll probably try to sell her for 10K. Wow. I feel a little bit like a loser cartoon character on a sad Charlie Brown episode right now. Wop wop wop waaaaaaah!

Check her out HERE.

Thankfully we don't need a lot of lindens in SL right now because there are some pretty cool hunts going on at the moment. I'm partial to ("partial to"!) The Cafe Hunt, The Chicken Soup Hunt and the FTLO Millennium Hunt (check out stores and prizes HERE). Thank you, generous designers, for your generous generosity! Perhaps I will join the many bloggers out there who are blogging some of the fabulous prizes, just as soon as I clean my RL bathroom and do a couple of loads of laundry and drink a beer or two and watch last night's episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta." Priorities!

Also, I don't know blogger Shayariel Teardrop personally, but like many people, I've been lurking around on her blog for ages. Fortunately for all of us, she's celebrating her third bloggyversary right now. DAMN that girl is BELOVED by many fabulous creators, and they've all contributed fun gifts in celebration. Join the Shay and the SL Shopping Gang group for free (CLICK), get all that stuff out of group notices, spread it all over your house, parcel or skybox and ROLL AROUND IN IT WITH GLEE!

Thank you for sharing the love, Shay!

I'll close with this breaking breedables news:

Photobucket
Wow.

I'm showing my age here, but now I'm stuck on the Hungry, Hungry Hippos song.

If you have the urge to own some procreating hippos, apparently you can get the starter kit HERE.

Have a lovely evening!

2 comments:

Paypabak Writer said...

I feel your pain! I was work challenged for a period that, looking back, is hard to comprehend. The best thing having a job find you is it's like a light switch. The light comes on and makes all the difference! Hang in there. And thanks for the great posts.

Emerald Wynn said...

((Hugs, Paypabak!))