Let's knock out some more blog posts and get some of these pictures off my desktop.
(My AV looks like we need to throw a bucket of cold water on her to wake her up. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own sluggishness on her. It's gray and rainy outside in Tennessee today.)
• The wannabe stylist in me yelled, "HOOHAA!" when I saw this &Vintage (ampersexy inspired) bodysuit and dress by Penned (100L, includes sheer and modest versions) at The Gallery Gift Shop. It's such a perfect blank fashion canvas for gussing — yes, gussing! — up with accessories. I like the whole dusky rose vibe when I'm working with an antique neutral. Original!
• Those lace stockings from *QP* are 30L and include prim garters. Garters in SL don't work out so well for me. Usually when I put them on, it looks like I'm trying to tie ribbons around a couple of sausages. That's why you're just going to have to imagine them here. Sorry.
• The Bow Back Shoes (special Stumblebum Brigade color, 199L) are from Tokidoki and live in my 2010 Shoes inventory folder. Yes! I still love them! Way to stand the test of time, Tokidoki! Hey everybody, there's still a wide selection of these shoes in store. I checked. Because I love you!
• The Chained Bag 2 purse is from the pesca gatcha (30L per play) at The Seasons Gatcha - Winter event (ends Jan. 28).
Let's pause for a sec and check out this dude who was *cough* selling his wares at The Seasons Gatcha when I went there:
(OOOOOOOH! Here's 15L! Kiss me! Kiss me with your hot, steamy cigarette breath, baby!)
Sorry, man. Not my type. In fact, is he anyone's type? My inner pimp wanted to help him, like, pull up his pants, yank off that towel around his neck and smack his ass with it, and then clean him up and make him look like Prad Prathivi. (Whoops, what happened to Prad's blog?? *sad face*) Then maybe women would drop their lindens and pants for him.
(I wanted this pic to be so much bigger.)
For me, the true measure of how enjoyable a hunt is can be summed up by the amount of lindens I spend at all the stores along the way. For instance, I really, really, really loved The Cafe Hunt (ends Jan. 31). I thought the prizes were whimsical and quality and I loved most of the stores that were participating. I did almost as much shopping as I did hunting, and because most of the stores were Japanese, everything was extremely affordable. (I wanted to put even more commas in that sentence.)
• I thought this "Fur Pettitte" (hey, I print it like they spell it) from a gatcha machine at 1mm (the first Cafe Hunt stop) was a steal for 20L, particularly since all the fur collars in that machine were ones I'd want to wear. Win win!
• The Marie (Type A) hair in Platinum is from a group gift fatpack from D!va. The group is free to join, and as of last night the gift was still available in store. I checked. Because I love you!
For all you bloggers out there, D!va recently sent out a subscribo notice inviting bloggers to apply for the review copy group. I did because I genuinely like the hair. They wanted to know how many visitors my blog gets a day. Apparently the answers "I'm not sure" and "possibly 295,000,000" did not go over so well with the decision-makers over there because I guess I didn't make the cut. Oh well. If you're a blogger and you're interested in joining the review group, go slap the subscribo and look for the notecard titled "About the recruitment of the official blogger of D!va" or contact Marisa Kira for details, although she notes that she is swamped with requests and can't answer everyone unless she deems you worthy of the blogger list. But I can also pass you the application form if you contact me inworld. You'll probably have better luck than I did.
• That FrostHeart skin in Peach (w/Bust!) is from a trippy store called [ P I X E L S] — another Cafe Hunt stop — and usually if you put a lot of symbols and spaces in your store name, chances are good that I'm going to be too lazy to type it that way. Fortunately I just took my Vitamin B-12, so there it is in all its high-maintenance-name glory.
Anyway, I'm prone to the drawn or painted-on skin look, and I'm also one of those people who likes to change skins almost as often as my RL underwear. So when I saw this skin — all ALONE on one floor of the store — for a mere 200L (the marked 400L price is wrong) I grabbed it. I like it. It's different. Someone recently left a blog comment (which I didn't publish) that said my AV has a weird face that probably makes most skins look bad. Why thank you! Just in case that person is still reading, here's the vendor pic of the skin on the typical downturned tiny-mouthed/weak-chinned AV face that seems to be OH SO POPULAR here (although this one does have a little bit more character than most):
For the record, I thought the Cookie shade looked a little jaundiced. Sorry.
Let's wrap up this post with two random pictures.
1. When I turn on "basic shaders," "atmospheric shaders" and/or "lighting and shadows" in my graphics preferences, my screen looks like this:
Rockin' it "Poltergeist"-style, y'all!
Static is the new black!
[Insert more lame attempts at bad-graphics humor here.]
I have no clue why it does this. I have a fairly new MacBook Pro, too. *kicks it*
2. Let's play the game "If I Had 140L"!
If I had 140L, I'd buy this Concentric Plug set at *QP*. Let me clarify — it's not that I don't have 140L. I am, however, living on a shoestring these days and trying really hard to refrain from impulsive buying. So even though I love this explosion of cords like hell — because it looks like almost every electrical outlet in my house — I realize it's not essential to my SL existence and AS SUCH I'm going to refrain from buying it. For now.
Yeah, I like some really random things.
Bonus points for the LMAO television set. I want that too. In motion, that dude is jumping around and singing like his pants are on fire.
Until next time!
The Gallery Gift Shop (see pics and prices of the current offerings, which change each month, HERE)
The Seasons Gatcha - Winter (see pics of all the gatcha prizes HERE)
The Cafe Hunt Website, includes hints and links to all hunt stops
[ P I X E L S ] (Unfortunately, this SLURL will only drop you in the main lobby — take the in-store TP to Level 5)