Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am not a pretty girl. That is not what I do.

Honestly, I'm going to give up writing titles for these things and just start slapping down a lyric from whatever song happens to be stuck in my head instead.

Hey, I'll take your St. Patrick's Day and raise you the spawn of hot leprechaun sex:

Photobucket

Awesome. Don't ever say I don't occasionally live up to my name.

Just call me the Queen of Blog Fail this week, but curtsey when you do it, please. My heart just isn't in it these days. (But ironically, this is my 200th blog post! WOO HOO!) I don't know what's worse - forcing yourself to blog when you don't really feel like talking or just disappearing for a while. I've tried both.

Oh well. Let's give it a shot.

There are a couple of titles in my group slots right now - titles like "Hair Fair Blogger" and "Project Donate Blogger" - that are getting neglected. Insert [blah blah blah blah real life woes blah blah blah] here . . . followed by a twinge of guilt.

Since these two events combine the best of both worlds - scratching our shopping itch and supporting worthy causes - let's all join hands in spiritual oneness and focus our loving energy (and lindens) on them, shall we?

I'm sporting House of Munster hair in this post. Forget Lucy - I love Lolli. When Lolli Munster first busted out onto the hair scene with her "flush your Barbie down the toilet and release your inner freak" styles, my inner freak screamed, "OH HELL YES!" in all caps. This year, HoM has four new styles at Hair Fair, which benefits Wigs for Kids. I'm wearing Lola in Greens, Nation:

Photobucket

You want that outfit too.

Dress: Reale - Candyflower Dress
Earrings: Acid & Mala - Messed Memory Wire Set
Necklace: je suis - Boheme
Boots: Coriander - Lilia Boots
Skin: Mynerva - Pearls b4 the Swine, cleavage option (no, really???)
Eye makeup: Glamorize - Wild Eye Makeup in Monarch (fat pack, 10L!!!)
Eyes: Beloved Custom Designs - Peridot
Pose: !Bang - from This Sh*t is Bananas set

Excuse me for a moment while I lick those boots . . .

Photobucket

(HAHAHAHA! OOPS! That picture is huge. I have got to stop doing that. I would go back and resize it but I'm too damn lazy. Thank God I shaved my legs.)

All the clothing and accessories in these photos are from the Project Donate marketplace, which really should be called "Project I WANT THAT!" thanks to the vast selection of greatness from some of SL's most talented creators. As I'm sure you've read by now (because I'm such a late bloomer with this post), proceeds from items sold there go to the UNICEF Pakistan Flood Crisis Fund, which assists victims of the devastating floods that started on July 26.

Not-so-fun fact: The United Nations estimates that more than 21 million people are injured or homeless as a result of that flooding, exceeding the combined total of individuals affected by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, the 2005 Kashmir earthquake and the 2010 Haiti earthquake. (Source: BBC News)

So yes, I spent a fortune there. I pretty much ran around and snatched things up with unbridled - but for once, guilt-free - greed.

Photobucket

"I ain't no damsel in distress, and I don't need to be rescued."

Hair: House of Munster - Black Magick (Hair Fair)
Top: Boho - Spring Fling
Skirt: Kamikaze - Black Tulle Skirt
Makeup layer: Bounce - Mud on Me
Pose: !Bang - from the Feeling Blah set

I don't have the words to describe how fierce that skirt is. That is not your grandmother's tutu, kids.

And here's a random pic that actually was going to run at the beginning of this post, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like I gave up on finding a porta-potty and just decided to squat in the middle of, I don't know, a giant, blurry game of black-and-white jacks for a long, contemplative poop.

Photobucket

Hair: House of Munster - Lola2 in Browns, Gash (Hair Fair)

Never thought I'd use the words "potty" and/or "poop" in a blog post, but there you go, folks. Making blog history right before your very eyes. We have possibly hit rock bottom here, pardon the pun.

Both Hair Fair and Project Donate end on Sept. 19. You still have time. Procrastinators are cool.

CHECK IT OUT
Hair Fair Blog
Hair Fair House of Munster SLURL
Project Donate Blog
Project Donate SLURL

WHERE I GOT THE OTHER STUFF
Beloved Custom Designs
Glamorize
!Bang
Mynerva - whoooooooops, I forgot to grab the SLURL, but it's in my last couple of posts

Love and laughs to you and yours. ♥

4 comments:

LisaMun Aronowicz said...

Hey meet your fellow procrastinator :-)) LOVE that green outfit by the way!xxxx

Unknown said...

i love that song. Ani DiFranco totally rocks! :))

Lila Corith said...

Awesome post!! <3 the worthy causes, but I have been binging like mad on that 10L Glamorize makeup packs, BIG time. Best of luck with your real life, we'll be waiting here with bated breath for your new entries.. O_O

Emerald Wynn said...

*gives you guys a huge hug*

Thank you! And hell yeah, Carrie - I love Ani too - I like her old stuff the best. For some reason I've been stuck on that song for a week. It's one of my favorites.