Sometimes I like to think that if there really is a heaven, it'll end up being whatever wonderful thing we want it to be.
For instance, let's say that I die in some kind of a freak accident — like a bear flying through the air and smashing into the windshield of my car (and I'm not kidding when I say that I hope someday I too become a victim of death-by-airborne-animal because then my family could put "She never saw that bear coming" on my tombstone, which would make everyone laugh and that would make me happy) . . . ok sorry, back on point. So hypothetically speaking, let's say I die and when I get to those great pearly gates in the sky, Saint Peter greets me and says, "Hey, here are some terraforming tools and some textures and some sculpt maps and whatever else you need — knock yourself out!"
A portion of the whimsical Jungle Bungle sim at Fantasy Faire 2012
So if I could create my own heaven, it'd be a world with fairies and unicorns and griffins and centaurs and talking plants and singing flowers and gallant knights and robots — YES, ROBOTS — and spaceships and castles and chocolate lakes and big foofy dresses and an occasional visit from Lord Tyrion from HBO's "Game of Thrones" and many, many rides on Falcor from "Neverending Story." And I wouldn't necessarily have a royal title or anything, but I WOULD get to wear a big sparkly crown for the hell of it. And occasionally I would sprout wings. And all my beloved pets that have passed away would be there waiting for me. Oh, and family members too, but you know what? Let's just go ahead and assign them to a nearby kingdom or planet or something. Close enough to visit but far enough to keep my Mom from popping in to interfere with my frolicking and nag me about how I need to wear more lipstick.
I could go on and on and on about my fantasy heaven ("hey Em, you sort of already did"), but we don't have time for that right now. I really need to get to the real subject of this blog post, which is the next best thing to Emerald's Post-Bear-Tragedy Heaven . . . [drumroll] . . . FANTASY FAIRE 2012! IT'S JUST ABOUT HERE! Can you gimme hallelujah?
This magical fundraising event for the American Cancer Society is my favorite event in SL. I applied to be an official blogger and danced a little jig when I got accepted, so get ready for a few fantastical posts about the creators to which I've been assigned. (And somewhere out there, my English teacher applauds that sentence construction.)
But first, here's a rundown of Fantasy Faire 2012 basics:
• Fantasy Faire 2012 runs from Saturday, April 21 (noon SLT) through Sunday, April 29.
• The official Website, which is chockfull of useful information, schedules and maps, is HERE.
• The event includes nine days of shopping, live music, auctions, hunts and roleplaying to benefit Relay for Life and the fight against cancer.
• Avatars, clothing, furnishings, gadgets, goodies (GOODIES!) and exclusive items are available from more than 130 of SL's top fantasy creators.
• Every participating creator will have at least two RFL vendors.
• Fantasy Faire 2012 consists of eight lavishly landscaped, individually themed shopping sims, which combine to create one fabulous Fairelands fantasy continent. I went over and attempted to check them out in between MUCHOS CRASH-OS, and the stunning artistry of every sim made me wish I was a fabulous photographer so I could take awesome pictures of them. Hopefully somebody out there will. For a list of the sims, their SLURLs, themes and individual maps of each one, visit this Web page: Designers List.
• You can also access portals to the Fairelands sims, attend performances and check out the (I WANT WANT WANT THOSE) silent auction items at the Fairelands Junction HERE. There are also nifty (NIFTY!) free low-lag sets by Fallen Gods and Wasabi Pills for girls and guys to wear. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IN ALL-CAPS PUT THEM ON! Lag is such a buzz kill at these things.
• Visit the American Cancer Society in SL HERE. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been there yet. I'm putting it on my to-do list RIGHT NOW though.
If I left anything out, just give me a good whack and let me know and I'll come back and edit this post. (Hell, I usually edit my posts about 10 times after I hit "publish" anyway. I'm OCD like that.)