Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ZOMG KittyCatS gets cutting edge, y'all! (and more exclamation points!!)

I haven't been inworld much lately because I've actually had some RL job interviews (along with way too many OH-SO-ANNOYING bridal showers to attend). The interviews have been nothing to jump up and down about, but hey, at least a few people out there are taking an interest in my professional abilities. I'll take that over a silent phone and an empty email inbox any day.

Anyway!

I logged in today to news of the latest KittyCatS update and WAIT! I realize you might not own any, but BEFORE YOU STOP READING, DON'T! I'm pretty blown away by how groundbreaking this latest development is. Maybe you will be too.

KittyCatS has developed an online Cattery that allows owners to transfer their cats from Second Life to a Web page . . . and then bring them back inworld whenever they feel like it. And even when they're living on the Website, they can still breed and live their normal little cat lives — for instance, they also need to eat there, as you'll see in the picture below.

I'll admit, I had to read the update notecard a few times to grasp the concept, but here's a screenshot of my first tentative attempt to get my online Cattery rolling:


OK, so see those cats? They used to live on one of my parcels. NOW THEY LIVE ON A WEBSITE! All I had to do was click the new "Cattery" option on each cat's menu. But if I ever get the urge to pull one of them back in world, I'll just click the menu on a free dock that's available at the KittyCatS Main Shop and SHAZAM!


It's back! (You have to yell, "SHAZAM!" when you do it though, or it won't work.)

(Just kidding.)

Then I can send it back to the online Cattery anytime.

"BEAM HER UP, SCOTTY!" 

(YES! They need little "Star Trek" uniforms now!)

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW AWESOME LIFE WOULD BE IF WE COULD DO THIS WITH OTHER STUFF IN OUR INVENTORIES??? Well, maybe I'm the only one who can, since my inventory is currently at 185K. And yes, I realize that everything really lives on a server somewhere, but wow, how I'd love to see it organized on a Web site — with pictures! — and not have to sit around and wait for my damn inventory to load all the time.

So get on that, Linden Lab!

Anyway, I'm practically weeping with joy right now because I was actually getting ready to bid a fond farewell to all my cats. I just can't afford the rent on their pricey parcels anymore. Now I can just choose a few to live in my house and rotate them from time to time.

To read more about the new online Cattery, visit the KittyCatS Website HERE.

VISIT INWORLD
KittyCatS! Main Shop

5 comments:

Tashi Core said...

I sent my whole farm to the website the moment this thing was launched. I can finally have a house again. *sobs with gratitude*

Emerald Wynn said...

ME TOO!! (Hey, your hair is AWESOME in that pic!!)

Deoridhe said...

Haa haa haa, that is so funny. XD

Kitten Longmeadow said...

YAY! We're so glad you like it Emerald! :)

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that heard "SHAZAM!" in Gomer Pyle's voice?

Anyways yeah it would be awesome if we could organize our regular inventories via the web.

Good luck with the job interviews! I'm doing a little RL job hunting myself. *crosses fingers*